These eliciting skills build on and relate to the mindset you need to be unbiased and open. The techniques combine to increase the validity of qualitative research by keeping it focused on the... READ MORE
Why miss out on the fabulousness of qualitative market research because you don’t have time? Explore techniques and useful theories at your own pace.
How to research the nonconscious drivers of behaviour the QMR way. No brain scanners needed.
Test your awareness of good interviewing skills. How many mistakes can you spot in this 5 minute interview?
If you are new to research, start with the free Secrets of Success series. It challenges some common myths and sets you on the path to thinking like a professional researcher.
With QualitativeMind you can take as much or as little time as you like to catch up on theories or techniques, search for inspiration, or find further training and coaching.
10 Secrets of Success in Qualitative Research
This series of short videos is for people who realise there is more to it than just ‘chatting to a few people’. Its the stuff that is essential to know.
1. How do you define qualitative research? Its the thinking as well as the data.
2. The most important question of all – the one you are starting with
3. What are the qualitative methods – in person and online?
4. Really understand working in groups and depths
5. Get the right mindset for operating without preconceptions and bias
6. Stay open, follow best practice and use emergent interviewing for robust research
7. How do you write a discussion guide?
8. Manage the relationships with your participants
9. Use exercises, projectives and visual thinking for full participant engagement
10. Analyse, interpret and create powerful stories to help your research make an impact.
See below. Videos 7-10 still in production…
In qualitative research, the researcher is the research instrument. Its a live interaction. Researchers can unwittingly communicate their preferences, prejudices and biases. Fortunately there are ways of counteracting this and keeping the research valid. Part... READ MORE
People who use focus groups sometimes go to great lengths to stop respondents from influencing each other. This ironically removes several of the benefits of groups that are all based on social interaction!... READ MORE
What is qualitative nowadays? Life used to be simple – qualitative research had small samples and looked for in-depth understanding; quantitative had large samples that allowed statistical inferences to be made. With new... READ MORE