Do you feel your depth interviews are missing something?
Maybe you could have got more from the participants?
Are you sticking to your topic guide, not knowing how to follow up or bring in new questions?
Could you have handled people more effectively when they become ‘difficult’?
Essential Depth Interviewing is a flexible resource, making it easy to learn competent and creative depth interviewing. If you just want to improve your skills, go straight to those sections.
- Or use it to study for a foundation level qualification, by understanding the basics of qualitative research.
- Links take you to external exercises and resources
- Includes a comprehensive feedback form for that all important practice.
- Use it with an Interview Feedback Session, for personal developmental feedback.
See what exactly is included: Essential Depth Interviewing Contents
Includes: how depth interviewing fits into Market and Social Research methods, including a comparison of qual and quant, understanding qualitative thinking, choosing depths vs groups, drawbacks of qualitative interviewing, and the Code of Conduct, Data Protection and Ethics.
- Research design and the research process
- interpersonal relationship skills
- Minimising bias and building research relationships
- Best practice in interviewing, including emergent interviewing.
- Topic guides, stimulus material and simple techniques
- Dealing with difficult respondents and situations
- An outline of analysis and interpretation
If you purchase by card, you will get a download link straightaway. Don’t worry if you are asked to enter a shipping address – the product is downloadable and not physical.
Caroline White (verified owner) –
As a former educational researcher returning to research I have found this book extremely useful. It has pulled together everything I’ve learned about depth interviewing over the years: from the job, from colleagues, from courses at NATCEN, and from recent reading for the MRS Advanced Certificate. Furthermore, as a newcomer to the Market Research perspective, it’s been incredibly helpful – it’s provided the best practical insight to qualitative market research that I’ve read. Basically, there’s everything I need to know here, along with the helpful links to look elsewhere.